Monday, October 24, 2011

2 weeks old!


I am two weeks old today! I can't believe they didn't bring me a cake, but I guess I will settle for the milk they are giving me. We have a little catching up to do since Mom and I took a break from blogging this weekend...

I have graduated from the Vapotherm to the High-flow nasal cannula. To help you compare, the lowest setting on the Vapotherm delivers 2 liters of oxygen per minute. The high-flow nasal cannula gives me 1 liter of oxygen per minute and they have it on the lowest "setting" of 21% oxygen, which is like breathing "room air"...what all of you breathe. They say I am doing great! The next and last step would be to put me on the low-flow nasal cannula which delivers .1 liter of oxygen. We are NOT rushing things, but just FYI.

I now weigh a whopping 3 pounds 1 ounce and measure 15 1/2 inches. Yep, every ounce counts =). Dad was so proud when I entered the 3 pound weight class hah! Milk, it does the body good. Speaking of milk, I am tolerating my feeds well enough for the doctors to increase my milk intake to 3.2mL per hour, as of today. I am also dirtying plenty of diapers; something I learned from my big bro!

Other than that, things are moving right along. OMG, how could I forget, Mom got to hold me today!! She. Was. In. Heaven. Period. And I liked cuddling with her too! Now we both have something else to look forward to when she comes to visit. I bet we will have to convince Dad that he won't break me before he actually holds me. It's kinda funny to think that he will be the one tossing me around before we know it, but he is the most nervous about touching me right now.

Before I go, I would like to ask you all to add a few more little ones to your prayer list: the Ranzino triplets. The nurses brought them into the NICU Thursday and I said, "well hello ladies!". Unfortunately, the nurses wouldn't let me go visit, but I waved to them from my house in the corner. These girls are the daughters of my Uncle Lonzo's friend. They are all doing well!

Oh - and a big thank you to Maci Claire for the awesome signs she made for my hi-zouse! I defInitely have the coolest "crib" in the NICU!! From what Mom tells me, she is a pretty cool chick!

Everyone sleep well! Stay tuned for updated pictures...

XOXO,
Beau Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment