Thursday, November 10, 2011

1 Month Old!!

Go me...I am 1 month old today!  I kind of thought birthdays meant that you get cake, ice cream, and presents, but all I got was some milk and lots of kisses from Mom.  Don't get me wrong, I love Mom's kisses, but I need to get out of here pronto.  Milk does NOT suffice for birthday cake.  That's what my Big Bro tells me anyway...I think he has had his fair share of cake so he should know.

My apologies for not updating everyone sooner, but things have been about the same over the past week, nothing major to report.  Here is a rundown:

I have been acting up a bit here and there with my breathing.  It's not too often that I have an episode, but when I do, boy, I sure make those nurses work for their money!  As a result, I am still on the Vapotherm, receiving 3 liters of oxygen per minute.  If you remember right, the next step is the high flow nasal cannula which will deliver 1 liter of oxygen per minute.  Each time they try to turn the Vapotherm down, I act up a bit, so the doctor is going to let me chill at 3L for now.  He understands...I am still young and I will grow out of it.

I am weighing in at 3 pounds 14 ounces!  I am now being fed 1 ounce and 2 mL every three hours, still through a tube, but it's not a continuous drip like it had been the first few weeks.  They would have started "nippling" (bottle feeding) me once a day by now, but Doc's policy is that they don't nipple until I am off of the Vapotherm.  I'm trying, I'm trying!

The eye doctor came to check on me the other day.  He was looking for signs of Retinopathy of Prematurity, ROP for short.  In premature babies with a birth weight of less than 3.3 pounds, abnormal blood vessel growth may occur. Mom said that my report card said that my examination was normal now but there is still a possibility that I could always develop ROP later.  A+ on my first eye exam...not too shabby!

The physical therapist also comes to visit me every couple of days.  She stretches my feet out  because she says that my mid-foot is a bit tight.  Maybe it is similar to the "slight club feet" that Reid had.  So she stretches me, massages them a bit, and tapes them up for me.  Massage and stretch me all you want, but the next time she takes that tape off of me again, I may have to throw my pacifier at her!   I don't like that thing anyway. 

Well, I think that about wraps it up.  OH, except for the fact that I need to say, GEAUX TIGERS!!!  Dad TiVo'd the game for me so we can watch it when I go home, but I heard it was a nail biter!  Hope everyone is doing well.  See you soon.

Beau


It's Gameday!



Mommy sure is funny!

Morning stretch...

Lala came to visit, and I was giving her lots of smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment