Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Great Escape

Hola!

Como estas?  My amigo next door speaks Spanish so I thought I would practice a bit.  You didn't think I would leave this place bilingual, now did ya? 

Things are going well over here in the NICU.  The latest breaking news...I have escaped from my incubator and am now in an open crib!!  I have done really well regulating my temperature and maintaining my weight since the switch.  Now that I have to regulate my temperature on my own, I am having to work a lot harder, but life in the open air is good!

The doctors have been letting me chill at 3 liters on the Vapotherm, but decided to turn it down to 2.5 liters yesterday.  I had a few really good days without many breathing episodes and then I turned around and acted up a bit.  So Doc decided that we should see if turning the Vapotherm down very slowly makes much of a difference.  Basically, if I am going to have approximately the same number of episodes on a higher setting as I do on a lower setting, then they might as well keep me on the lower setting.  Again, I will grow out of this, but I am doing my best to give the nurses a hard time...Mom says that's what the second child is supposed to do!

Reid better watch out...I am 4 pounds 7 ounces as of last night!  I have been gaining about an ounce and a half per day the last few days!  The doctors like to see us gain about an ounce a day so I am doing really well with that...I like to eat, what can I say?

That's about it for now.  I'll be in touch and post pics soon. 

Buenas noches!!
Beau

1 comment:

  1. Tess, these posts are adorable! So glad to hear he's kicking butt in there! (Smoorenburg Stubbornness!) Much love! Angie, Miles, and Holland

    ReplyDelete