Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Truckin' right along...

Hey everyone!!  It's been a while, but I have good excuses, promise!  I, of course, have continued to keep Mom and Dad on their toes, but for the most part, I am doing really well.  The past month and a half has been busy, to say the least.  To recap:

I am sorry to report that last month, my Great Opa passed away.  I never had the chance to meet him, but I was able to go to his funeral.  I hear he was a pretty cool guy!  I did get to meet my Oma for the first time...she loves me =) and has such a neat accent!  I will have to get Joe-Pa to teach me a little Dutch.  I also got to meet Mom's aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids.  Lots of new people, I can't keep them all straight!

Healthwise, I was doing great until about 2 weeks ago.  I started with some congestion in my nose...that darn suction bulb will be the death of me.  Reid and I have nicknamed Mom as the nose nazi...Dad says she is always on booger patrol.  No lie.  She is relentless.  The doctor said it was just a little cold and actually gave Mom permission to continue sucking my nose out.  Really, Doc???  Well, after a few days, my nose cleared up, but I started with a cough.  One night, I was coughing and just couldn't cough up the congestion in the back of my throat, choked, and stopped breathing.  I did this a few times as Dad was trying to get me to breathe again.  I tried telling them that I was just practicing my look as a blueberry, but they were not impressed and took me straight to the hospital.  Dad held me in the back of the car as I continued to choke on and off while Mom drove.  That was not a fun drive, but we made it to OLOL.  That place, let me tell you, is a zoo late at night!  Luckily, I had a little priority over the rest of the people and did not have to sit amongst all the sickies.  They tested me for RSV, the flu, took a blood culture, and did a CBC (ran some blood tests).  Good news is that all came back negative and looking fine, yay!  The doctor said I definitely had something respiratory going on and just because those tests came back okay, it didn't mean that I did not have some other infection or wasn't sick.  So, they started me on an antibiotic, a decongestant, and we stayed there for two nights so they could monitor me.  Since then, I have been fine!  Scared Mom and Dad a bit, but they were just thankful that I was okay.

Other than that, we have kept busy visiting various doctors around Baton Rouge.  I will save you all of the boring details, but basically, they all think I am looking good and growing as I should be.  I did go to see the Physical Therapist so she could check on my development and she said I am right on track (once you adjust for my prematurity).  Once I am about 2 years old, I will have caught up with my peers and we won't really need to look at my adjusted age.  I had fluid in my ears so the audiologist couldn't test my hearing.  We will go back in a couple months.  The surgeon says that my hernia repairs still look good and will check me again in a few weeks.  I will go see the neurologist in May so he can check my brain development. The pediatrician is really happy with my growth - 11 pounds and 21 3/4 inches long!  I have actually been growing OUT of clothes, if you can believe that!  I still have my apnea monitor and we will see about getting rid of that in about a month.  Dad says he is going to buy it and keep it strapped to me until I am 2...I got news for him!  I am still eating well.  Doc says we can talk about starting rice cereal next month, but until then...milk, milk, and more milk! 

When we are not running back and forth to doctor appointments, I stay home with Mom.  I think her favorite thing about staying home, other than snuggling with me of course, is...two words...Kelly Ripa.  That woman is soooome silly!  Mom said she doesn't think she will ever have another baby as good as me.  I sleep all night, yep - 9:30 til 8:00 the next morning and then I nap for a total of about 4-5 hours during the day.  I am doing my best to win the best baby award, and I think I have done that, hands down!  What does Mom do all day, you ask?  Nonstop cleaning, cooking, and looking for little things to conquer around the house.  Oh, and planning parties, showers, etc...she loves that!  I think she's nervous because she has only 7 more months to plan my 1st birthday party, hehe!  Sooo just kidding!  She definitely has the utmost appreciation for all stay at home Moms!!  And they just started on the house a few days ago, so I guess now I will be tagging along to shop for that, woohoo.  Can you hear the excitement in my voice??  Guess that is my punishment for delaying this process a bit,
 oops.  On a good note, I can brush up on my Espanol since mi amigos will be here working
for a while!

As for Reid, he still loves me!  Loves me and my stuff a little too much, though!  He takes my nap nanny as his own.  Guess Mom could invent a Toddler Nap Nanny while she's home.  Little does he know, I will be passing him up soon and get him back!  He is a good big brother, though.  I can't wait until I can go play outside with him and Dad, go fishing, and ride the Ranger.  Soon enough, soon enough!!

Well, I think that's about it.  Mom said she put some updated pictures of Reid and me on facebook so you can see how we are growing.  Between the two of us, we keep Mom and Dad busy busy.  They wouldn't trade us for the world, though!

OH - and tomorrow is a BIG day...my Aunt Chantal will be giving birth to my new cousin, Baby Kate Finley Wilson, and Aunt Al will bring my newest best friend or my girlfriend to the world!  So excited to meet them both and so sad that we can't be in Arkansas when Baby Kate is born!  Good luck!  Love yall! 

Until next time....
Beau Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment